If you’ve been diagnosed with type 1, type 2, gestational Diabetes or pre-Diabetes, Tej Hospital Medicine offers comprehensive education and resources to help you live well and manage your condition.
"Awareness is the only Cure for Diabetes"
Why Choose Tej Hospital for Your Diabetes Education?
Whether you’re trying to get Diabetes under control or working to prevent it, Tej Hospital provides the comprehensive education and support you need You’ll also have:
- Easy access to medical officer to help you with lifestyle changes, meal planning and use of blood sugar meters and insulin pumps.
- Individual assessments, group classes and self-management training.
- Nutrition counselling.
- Connections to endocrinologists with advanced training in Diabetes care.
Types of Diabetes
When you have Diabetes, your body has a problem turning sugar (glucose) from food into energy. A hormone called insulin helps your cells absorb glucose. In Diabetes, your body either doesn’t make enough insulin or can’t use insulin as it should. Diabetes can take several forms:
- Type 1 Diabetes: When your body loses the ability to make insulin; this type of Diabetes usually begins during childhood or adolescence.
- Type 2 Diabetes: When your body develops a resistance to the action of insulin and can’t make enough insulin to overcome this resistance.
- Pre-Diabetes: When your blood glucose levels are higher than normal but not yet high enough to be diagnosed as Diabetes.
- Gestational Diabetes: Diabetes that begins during pregnancy.
- Paediatric Diabetes: Type 1 or type 2 Diabetes affecting children.
Prevention is possible
Knowledge is the key to prevention. By getting the facts, understanding your risks and making healthy lifestyle changes, you can help prevent type 2 Diabetes. Even small steps can make a big difference to your health.
"Let us Control Diabetes Together"